Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Library Thing and my online catalogue

Interesting to explore Library Thing.

I liked the ease with which you can add books, and see how many other people have that title in their library. Link to my catalogue is www.librarything.com/catalogue/kebbs
My most popular book was To Kill a Mocking Bird, with 23 000 other people having listed it in their library. Least popular had 177 other people list it.

I did find conversations about the books in my library - quite interesting, though these discussions were often quite brief, which is in keeping with the other entries posted on this site.

I noted that you can add your own tags, which are a simple way to categorise books by how we think about them. I think this would be a very effective way to search them for individuals who have a large number of items in their library.

2 comments:

  1. I tried to check out your Library Thing link but it failed. It's a librarian thing - I always love to know what people like reading. Perhaps you have set your catalogue to be publicly available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to kill a mocking bird also! my friends have just name their new baby Jem!

    ReplyDelete