Monday, June 29, 2009

Google and the homeward stretch of this assignment

June 29
I had previously set up an iGoogle page and didn't want to confuse things by doing another, so added the Maps Search, Books Search and Facebook Gadgets to my page.

I really like iGoogle because of its quick access to lots of web pages at once. For instance, I can read Gmail emails, check the weather and read up on RSS feeds of my favourite education news sites without having to click into separate web pages. The RSS feeds are a quick and very useful way of keeping up-to-date with snippets of information. You can get a good paragraph of info by just hovering the mouse arrow over a heading.

Of course these RSS feeds lend themselves to readers only getting a superficial understanding of topics but I guess something has tobe sacrificed in our information overloaded society!

Was interested in the "Working at Google" video. I liked the portrayl of it as a creative environment and the food looked great! Not sure I would apply for a job there just on the basis of that video though.

No comments:

Post a Comment